2016 Racing Schedule

Thursday, July 21, 2005

At The Lake

I'm back in Northern Minnesota at Lake Vermilion. The weather has been storybook perfect, the water is awesome and it is oh so peaceful! I and Topaz are up here alone. Steve had to work, the boys are at camp so I high tailed it up to 'God's Country'.

I've been running each day. Yesterday I boated to the landing and ran 12 miles, then later in the day boated back to ride bike for 7. The hills are killer here. I took my Mom's water bike out for a bit, what a fun way to see the lake.

Today was 4 mile run; 12 mile bike.

Eats are right on. I packed loads of tuna, chicken, veggies, fruit and eggs. That's about all I require.

I'm really enjoying biking. I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm having visions of a triathlon and see that there is one in Baxter MN the end of August. I could try for that. Why not? Um...because I've never done a brick workout and the only swimming I've done lately is for leisure, up here, or back home in my pool! I don't think those are good enough reasons though. Maybe because I don't have any padded biking shorts..man do I need those..or an athletic swimming suit..goggles..plenty of reasons..but none good enough.

I packed up my P90X DVD's and resistance bands and did back/chest yesterday; arms/shoulders today. I'm tired. About ready for a nap.

No comments: